Friday, March 4, 2011

what i've learned this month...




February 2011 taught me more than I could have imagined, and I knew way less than I thought I did. Miles turned 4 weeks yesterday and here is what I have figured out this last month:
  1. Eye cream is sooo worth the money.
  2. A bath tub is a great place for a power nap.
  3. Getting out of the house is a wonderful thing, even if it is just to go to CVS.
  4. Miles likes to ride in the car and in his stroller. Looks like more trips to the mall are in our future.
  5. 5-6 hours of sleep suddenly seems normal. 7-8 hours seems like a dream.
  6. Babies really do grow so fast. Miles can't wear most of his newborn clothes anymore, and yesterday he hit the nine pound mark!
  7. We learned what the five S's are to calm a baby: swaddle, suck, side, swing & shhh. We've got the swaddle thing down. I would post a picture but you might call CPS.
  8. We also learned that we can't imagine life without the little man and we love him so much, even though he does get an attitude in the evenings.
Here are a few pics of Mr. Miles the last few days. Can't believe it's been a month! I have been taking him to work for a few hours here and there this week. He is usually pretty good when we're there so I think I'll try that again today. It's raining anyways so maybe it won't be too busy and he can do his thing. I also need to get working on his announcements. Hopefully I can get them out before my Christmas Cards.

Miles has his first social gathering to go to this weekend. It is a couples shower for Jenni & Mason (due mid April) and kids are welcome. His cousin Sam will be there too. Happy Weekend!


No comments: