Tuesday, July 19, 2011

First family vacation, kind of.

So here I am blogging from my phone in bed, at 8:39 I might add. We had our first trip last week to Lake Michigan with Jonathan, Stacie, and Sam. My parents were also there for two of the days. Ben played in the Indiana Open in northern Indiana and just drove back and forth each day. Jonathan caddied for him one day so he had some company. He finished 16th, so good job ben! The tournament was four days so three of the days it was me, miles, jonathan, stacie and sam. J&S were so helpful but it was a tiring week.
Miles is doing great sleeping in his crib on his own room at home but we maybe weren't ready for a pack n play trip. So we rented a condo and he stayed in the room with us. I wanted ben to try to get sleep so I got up and gave him his pacifier multiple times a night. (miles, not ben, although at this point ben probably wished he had a paci too) The day we left we had to leave at 5:45 am. I was up with miles at 4:30 so I thought well I might as well go ahead and finish packing our stuff up. The next thing I know I wake up on the floor next to my suitcase. At that point I thought get me home. Oh and we also quickly realized how difficult it was to go to dinner with our little guys. The last night our brains finally kicked in. We wanted a GOOD meal, not the same crap we had eaten all week. So Jonathan ( who is known for reading reviews) found us a place about 20 miles away in the gay capital of the state. We knew this was a nice restaurant so we planned to get carryout so everyone else in the restaurant could peacefully eat. Stacie called and the lady told her they don't take orders over the phone. So next, in my car, we load up stac and I in the front, 2 babies with carseats in the middle, two dads in the third row made for midgets, and two strollers/diaper bags/etc. I don't know if we resembled Noahs ark or a traveling circus but it was a sight. Totally worth it, the food was unbelievably delicious and we had some good laughs along the way. Overall we had a ton of fun over the course of the week and it was also very tiring, but probably a good experience for us too. Oh, and I don't have any pics to post yet because we smashed my phone in the process of cramming a stroller into the car to get the carryout...
It's now 8:55 and way past my bedtime. Goodnight blog readers!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:South Haven, Michigan

1 comment:

erin and dutch said...

love this. love y'all. did u try and steal my boyfriend at the apple store yet?