Saturday, July 2, 2011

lately


Last week was busy but fun. Ben was working nonstop so Thursday night I loaded up Mr. Miles and we went to stay at Grandma/Grandpa's condo. Grandpa wasn't there so Mom helped me with Miles during the night. It was difficult sleeping in the same room as him (he slept in the pack n play) because he was constan
tly making noises that would wake me up, then I would impulsively get up and stick his pacifier back in his mouth. Then Friday night was my first night away from the little man. It was our Hacker Girls Weekend for 2011. We went downtown to dinner and then took a limo to the Kenny Chesney concert, none of those things are necessarily baby friendly. So since Ben was working, Grammy Marcia came to the rescue. She slept upstairs to tend to Miles during the night and Ben slept downstairs. This was thelast straw with the whole. She got up 8 times with him! Oops. After some much needed pep talks from my sister in laws, we decided it was time for the big boy to sleep like a big boy. I had to laugh to myself because Ashely asked me what I do when I go in at night and I said "well, i give him his paci, roll him back on his side, rub his back, and he farts." She said "that is ridiculous!" Looking back it totally is but when its your sweet little bundle in there screaming for you its hard not to get up, even if it is for the 8th time. Anyways, much thanks to Grandma O and Grammy M for being our saving grace so far this summer and stepping in to help out. And just as much thanks to my sister in laws for talking some sense into me. Now I am proud to say we put him down around 8 and he sleeps until around 6. Last night he did wake up around 4 but only fussed for about 10 minutes and put himself back to sleep, without any help from Ben or I. Whew, things are looking better and better, and I have more energy to sing "The Wheels on the Bus" to him 67 times per day.
Here are some other current obsessions:
1. Aden & Anais sleep sacks
2. Clean, fresh burp cloths
3. Sitting on my rocking chair on the back deck
4. Baby boy swim trunks
5. CVS coupons (I feel like a coupon freak)
6. Making Miles giggle
7. Watching him grab his feet, especially on the changing table (I'm sure you have a great mental picture of what that looks like)

The Hacker/Shockley/Oliver/Sears Clan: (if Grandma Hacker was still here she would have 16 great grandkids!!!)


Up next:
The 4th of July and Sam's Birthday Party!

No comments: